Friday, November 2, 2012

Ten


So I'm not sure if this counts as "nature photography" but it is nature just a bit more on the macabre (for lack of a better term)  side of it and more on the actual nature itself rather than the picture. (I'll post a picture I know for sure works on the same post.)



This is the articulated skeleton of a green Iguana. The photo is by Sergio Royzen (he doesn't have a website or anything that I can find,) but this is in Ryan Matthew Cohn's collection. (If you click the first link you can look at more of Royzen's photos.) I have recently found his art (Ryan Matthew's) and have been really into it, (he also collects oddities hence the skeleton). Here is his actual website, which in itself is really kinda neat. I really liked this picture mainly because of the top photo. I love how it's placed in a continuous circle and the eye just keeps going around and around and catches on the ribs and to the tail and in turn brings the eye to the head and the process starts over. In the bottom picture, the eye would be in focus if there was an eye... also how the tail go across the face(?) and wraps around. You can see the joints in the toes and I just think it's really neat. 





So incase the skeleton doesn't count....


This photo is by Donald A. Higgs. I really like the colours and how the blue fades into the red. The trees give   a sense of scale on how large the peaks are. I particularly the the peak to the right where it's orange and the clouds are behind it. Also I like how the majority of the peaks have a coloured tip on them, it helps tie in the colours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment