Monday, October 29, 2012

Art Show Piece Submission





This is the picture I am submitting basically for three reasons.
1. I actually don't abhor this shot, 
2. The lighting was really neat, and 
3. The yellows contrasts nicely w/ the grey. 

I upped the contrast, took down the whites and highlights to make the clouds a bit darker, decreased the blacks and shadows a bit to make the shadows stand out a tad more, and turned the vibrancy up a notch. I didn't play w/ any individual colours simply because I liked how the colours were already and it's almost  what it looked like in person (though naturally things are always prettier in person, but hey, I tried.)

EDIT: So now that I have printed it, I really don't like it anymore. Also there is a random ass blue line in my printed picture in the sky which isn't in my actual picture so that's awesome. Hobby Lobby was also out of black matte so grey it is! (mehh) 

EDIT EDIT: Soooooo Target no longer has the print service that you suggested to use so that's why it doesn't look too hot (apart from the picture not being too great). Apparently one has to go to CostCo to use it. :/



No comments:

Post a Comment